Thursday, January 7, 2016

Sad But True Life Fact #1

It's always easier to say "good game" when you win.
I learned this a while ago, in a middle school P.E class. When you play against someone, there will almost always be an atmosphere of competition. This is for the simple reason that, when you compete against a peer, you can't help but wonder who's better at whatever activity you may be doing. Whether it be badminton or basketball, on a team or standing alone, you want to know which person/team is going to come out on top. Therefore, when you win, you feel like you have bested the competition, and are a better person then you were before. At least, that's how I feel. Secretly. I mean, I don't advertise that I feel like a better person, but I just... really....like winning...?  Oh geez, I'm getting off topic. What I mean is, when you lose (and that's happened to all of us, there's no shame in it) you feel a twinge of disappointment. You feel like, just maybe, your opponent is better, if only by a little bit, and that makes it a little bit harder to say "good game", especially since you didn't necessarily have a good game. Or, maybe I'm totally over thinking this, and am just an overly-competitive person who searches for deep meanings in simple sports. Yeah, that's probably it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment